Security guards form an important part of the security system in our society. Even though their job is much different from the police officer or peace officer, the goal is quite aligned. The basic function of the security guard is to offer protection against any kind of crime, risk or threat. A security guard can be said to be a defense mechanism. They are tasked with protection of a property or person and prevent any mishap. Hence, like any defense system, it is important to have a proper management system to ensure high efficiency. But, before we move on, let us look at the most important functions of a security guard.
It should be remembered that security guards are also human beings. Even though they are trained to have better reflexes and judgment, they need technological support as well to perform their duty with perfection. Security guard management software does just that.
The job of security guards involves patrolling the area. In order to have best efficiency the patrols are times and rotated based on shifts. However, relying solely on human intelligence to manage the patrolling units can result in security gaps. Security patrol software like SilverTrac is an integral part of the management software and offers a much better control. It can automate the entire process and direct the guards on duty on frequency and area of patrol. This software can also effectively distribute the manpower for best coverage. Security guard tracking enables the management software to ensure that the guards are on duty and at the location they should be. This data can be greatly helpful in case of any breach as well.
The software is a highly effective incident management system that must be implemented by every security guard service provider. Better efficiency results in higher security.
Packaging is much more than mere packing up the product and selling. A quirky and interesting packaging idea can actually increase the sale of the product manifolds. However, packaging design is not all about creating an attractive look. It can also be about utility. While a great look and design is all good, make a clever packaging that has got utility beyond just a packet for the product and you have got your target consumers hooked. Today we will venture into some of the incredibly clever packaging ideas we have come by in recent times.
1. The packet that makes your food look stale – Almost all of us have had to deal with those bullies at school who would eat our lunch. The situation is not too different in some offices as well where the overly friendly colleague will stick his/her hand into our lunch box. However much we dislike there is no proper way to say no. Now you need not. Get one of these lunch packets which have got green blotches on them and no one touches your food.
p.s. don’t let anyone see what it’s all about
2. A butter packet with butter knife – Highly creative and useful as well. Most of us will never remember to get the butter knife. With this in hand, you can forget all about it. The top lid of the butter container is in the shape of a knife and can be used as butter knife. It is great for trips as well.
3. Luxury items in special packaging – This technique is used by many luxury item sellers. Having a second layer of packaging within the box gives elegance to the product. It has been noted that people tend to associate the high value of the product to some extent with the type of packaging.
4. A bottle with a glass – Isn’t it really convenient if there is a glass attached to a bottle? That’s what AMPRO bottle is. A simple yet magnificent design, that is elegant as well as useful. The bottle comes in a glass packaging which can be used, well, as glass.
5. Container turning toy – Kids generally do not like having fruits. But with a clever packaging that makes the fruits look immensely adorable how can they even reject?
6. See through food packaging – We have all come across see through packaging of food items. It is just not for convenience, but also builds trust among the buyers as they feel that there is nothing hidden in it.
7. Specially crafted food packages – Haven’t you ever been lost in a shopping mall trying to find a particular type of fish? Going through each package description is time consuming too. However, changing the see through patch on the package into a cutout of the fish it has makes it far easier to spot.
8. Hanger Tea – Being a tea lover it is impossible to miss out this brilliant packaging. Every tea bag is attached to a hangar and all are hanging on a hangar rack. Quite a brilliant design I must say.
9. Box cum package for earphone – Managing earphones and keeping them from tangling is a major struggle for many. Having it packed in a box that can be used as storage as well & prevents it from messing up is one of the best ideas.
10. Earth colored recycled boxes – The earth color give a feel of eco-friendliness. Couple it up with some bright color patch like fluorescent green or yellow and the perfect recycled box is ready.
It is important to check packaging for defects and leakages. There are advanced leak detection equipment from suppliers like FlexPak which will come in real handy. Package seal tester and package leak detector are a must for every business that deals in packaging and selling finished goods.
Mortgage Backed Securities are a type of asset backed securities, meaning they have physical assets attached to the securities. In these types of securities, a group of mortgages are pooled together on the basis of ratings collectively and then sold by financial agencies, often involving banks in between.
Having defined Mortgage Backed Securities, we would like to come to a clear picture by comparing both the disadvantages and the advantages. Here we go:
High Yield: Believe it or not, they provide a higher yield than other comparable similar sources of investment. The returns can often be 2-4% higher than other comparable sources. Many a time the bond holders may decide for pre-payment or early payment of the loan, in which case the entire principal of the loan is refunded and interest payment ceases.
Low Risk: Since almost all of these securities are backed directly either by bodies having government trust or government backed agencies, the risk factor is quite low but not absent , as is the case with any other form of investment. When you are investing in a Mortgage Backed Security, you are not investing in a single mortgage, instead you invest in a group of properties bound together and hence the risk of borrowers defaulting is lower than on a single mortgage.
Asset Backed Investment: Since mortgage bonds are essentially asset backed investment, meaning they have physical asset attached to the bonds, even if a mortgage holder defaults, at least a portion of the amount can be recovered by selling the property or the land. This insures some recovery in case of defaults.
Liquidity: These bonds can be sold in the open market if you find yourself in some urgent need of cash or if you have an emergency. This provides immense flexibility. Apart from that, you get payments on a fixed monthly recurring basis, that is you get a payment every month.
Social Aspects: These bonds are really crucial in providing capital for people to buy homes in areas where the banks do not have sufficient capital to operate loans. This helps in providing housing facilities to small and far flung areas, remote and small towns. Such bonds help many people realize the dreams of their first house. So that provides a social aspect to these bonds too.
But, as with most things, the picture isn't just about advantages. These bonds have some disadvantages too:
Immature Payments: Many a time the borrower decides to pay the mortgage early, or sells this mortgage to get another one at a lower interest rate. Such cases are low in number, but can be always there. These early payments pose difficulty in calculating the life of the bonds. There are many organizations that strive hard to provide an accurate weighted life of your bond, but you can never rest assured. Prepayment rate of mortgages are often linked to market conditions and markets can sometimes trigger mass pre payments.
Each Installment Contains Principal As Well: Unlike other bonds, each monthly payment contains a combination of the Principal as well as the interest. Hence, there is no payment of a consolidated principal at the end of the term of the bond, instead, the principal is repaid in small installments each month.
Defaulters: Yes, the risk to defaulting on a mortgage is always there. While you can with some probability recover a portion of the debt, defaulters make the prospective a bit less lucrative.
Of course these are just the basics. As with all investment tools, there are much more to consider especially when it involves real estate. It is always advised you consult with experts such as the Altus Group before making any significant investments.